Jammu & Kashmir Inside information with dos & don’ts:-
1. Due to strict security reasons, while disembarking from Jammu & Srinagar airports,
flyers are suppose to identify their baggage before boarding the flight. Please
make sure that after doing the check in and depositing check in baggage at the airline
counter, you go to the baggage identification counter just before boarding our flight,
so that the concern staff will put those luggages in your flight.
2. While doing Shikara ride in Dal / Nagin Lake, please don’t get involved
with floating market shopkeepers who will insist you to take photographs, do some
adventure sports on motor boat, or for shopping some souvenirs on board. You will
get the better materials in the authorised shops with better prices too.
3. Don’t forget to carry your camera along with you as there is no single place
where you will be able to close the camera shutter.
4. Don’t tip the gardeners in the garden for maintaining the gardens in Srinagar,
its their duty to maintain and are getting paid for the same.
5. For spiritual places like Hazratbal Shrine and other places, women are suppose
to cover their head before getting inside and men should wear the caps ( available
in the shrines) 6. Try to use loos and washrooms in your hotel rooms before going
for an excursion or other destination as en route from one place to another you
may or may not find a clean loo.
7. Kashmiri cuisine is famous world over, try the famous Rogan josh, Gushtaba, Rista,
etc. The authentic Kashmiri tea called – Kahva is a combination of fine Kahwa ingredients
with rich flavour of cinnamon ( dalchini) and some find chopped dry fruits in it.
8. For shopping, all kind of Kashmiri carpets and other souvenirs are available
in the capital city – New Delhi with better prices and better quality. .